I always plan this meal after making Ginger Tamari Chicken. There are countless variations here, you could incorporate rice noodles, cooked brown rice or even quinoa. This particular version is all green veggies but you certainly could add matchstick carrots or strips of sweet bell peppers.
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari, such as San-J
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. sriracha, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, more to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 English cucumber, cut into long thin pieces
- 1 lb. bag frozen edamame, cooked and chilled
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- Make the dressing by whisking the the listed ingredients together. Set aside. This recipe will make more than you need for the four salads. Refrigerate the leftover dressing for up to 2 weeks.
- To assemble the salads, divide the romaine, cucumber and edamame between 4 plates. Add 1/2 cup chicken to each plate. Drizzle dressing over the chicken and garnish with scallions and cilantro.