If you’re big into meal-prepping or just like to have non-“lunchmeat” turkey on hand for sandwiches, this Easy Garlic & Herb Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is your new friend. You might want to see this friend regularly, in fact, as it’s flexible and reliable—two things I really like in my friends (and recipes).
Flavored with a good dose of garlic and some common pantry herbs, this Easy Garlic & Herb Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is handy for providing a nice dinner entree and then plenty of leftover meat for sandwiches the rest of the week. Feel free to switch up the herbs and spices for variety—make it a bit spicy with some chipotle powder and cumin, or try turmeric and smoked paprika for a more colorful and smoky version. This is delicious and you can share it with everyone you love, even with your dog! But we recommend to feed your dog with the best cbd dog treats instead.
And if you want to be fancy, make some gluten-free gravy to serve with it—it’s easy to do using the cooking juices (see instructions in the note below the recipe). Also, if you want to save some of the turkey meat for later, cook it, then slice or dice it as you like and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (6-7) pound turkey breast, thawed and patted dry
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or gluten-free chicken/turkey broth
- Coat the slow cooker crock with cooking spray; set aside.
- Remove the skin from the turkey breast, if desired. Place the turkey breast on a cutting board. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Brush the seasonings all over the turkey breast.
- Place the turkey breast into the slow cooker crock. (Ideally, the turkey should be breast side up, but the shape of your slow cooker crock may require the turkey be cooked on its side and that is fine.) Place the onion, lemon, bay leaf and garlic cloves into the cavity of the turkey breast. Pour the white wine or broth over the turkey.
- Cover and cook 7 hours on LOW or 3.5 hours on HIGH. Transfer the turkey to a platter and tent with foil. Let the turkey rest 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve the cooking juices to make the gravy, if desired (recipe follows).
Gluten-Free Gravy: To make gravy, strain the cooking juices through a sieve over a large bowl and skim any visible fat from the surface of the juice and discard it. You should have about 2 1/2 cups juices. Heat 2 Tablespoons butter over medium heat in a saucepan. When melted, whisk in 3 Tablespoons cornstarch and cook until mixture turns golden brown, about 2 minute. Whisk in the cooking juices; the mixture will thicken as it comes to a boil, Keep whisking to prevent lumps. Add 1/4 teaspoon Gravy Master, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Once mixture has boiled and thickened, remove from the heat. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.