- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of any excess fat
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Stir together the first 10 ingredients (diced tomatoes through black pepper) in the slow cooker crock.
- Nestle chicken thighs into the mixture. Cover and cook 8 hours on LOW (or 4 hours on HIGH) . At the end of cooking, use tongs to transfer thighs to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add rice, parsley and mint to the tomato mixture. Stir well. Cover and let the mixture cook for 5-10 minutes, until the rice heats through. Alternatively, warmed rice can served on the side (as photographed).
- Divide between 4 shallow bowls, top each bowl with the cooked chicken, olives and feta.
Cook for 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH Dairy Free Variation: Omit feta.