Lemon Rosemary Pork with Potatoes and Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves or 1 Tbsp.dried rosemary leaves
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt or, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, washed and sliced
- 1 (5- ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- Stir together the rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast; set aside.
- Sprinkle the tapioca into the slow cooker crock. Add the shallots and potatoes to the crock. Sprinkle the butter cubes over the potatoes and add the wine. Place the pork roast on top of potatoes. Arrange the lemon slices over the pork and potatoes. Cover and cook 8 hours on LOW (or 4 hours on HIGH).
- Using tongs, transfer lemon slices to a small bowl. Using a fork, gently press the juice out of the lemons and add the juice back to the crock (discard the lemon slices). Transfer the pork to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the potatoes into a bowl. Stir the spinach into the remaining cooking juices until wilted.
- Slice the pork against the grain. To serve, place a few potato pieces onto each plate, arrange pork slices next to the potatoes, and spoon spinach and sauce over the potatoes and pork.
Dairy- Free Variation: Replace the butter with olive oil.