Parmesan Chex Mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/4 tsp.garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp.kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- pinch ground cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 4 cups rice Chex® cereal
- 4 cups corn Chex® cereal
- 2 cups gluten-free pretzel sticks, such as Snyder’s
- 1 (12-oz.) container roasted mixed nuts
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds or until melted. Whisk in the garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika and cayenne; set aside.
- Stir the cereals and nuts together in the slow cooker crock. Whisk butter mixture once more, then pour it over the cereal mixture, scraping any remaining seasonings onto the cereal.
- Stir the cereal mixture until it is evenly coated with the butter and seasonings. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the cereal and stir well.
- Cover and cook 1 hour on HIGH. Stir well. Prop lid open with a wooden spoon and cook another 40 minutes.
- Transfer the cereal mix to a parchment lined baking sheet and allow it to cool completely. Transfer to a sealed container and store for up to 2 weeks at room temperature