All the cinnamon-y goodness of pumpkin pie, but without the bother (and extra calories) of a crust. Top with your favorite whipped cream and you’ve got an easy holiday dessert option, or a tasty treat on a regular old weeknight. We even eat it for breakfast—and with no shame.
I’m still experimenting with using coconut sugar, hence its use in this recipe. If you’d rather not use it (or don’t have coconut sugar), simply increase the granulated sugar to 3/4 cup.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix or filling)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- pinch ground cloves (optional)
- pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Grease the slow cooker crock with the butter; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining pudding ingredients and mix well. Pour into the slow cooker crock.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours. Let sit, uncovered, for 30 minutes, then transfer crock to the refrigerator to cool until serving (at least 2 hours).
- To serve, spoon pudding into individual bowls and top with whipped cream, if desired. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.