Whether you are headed to a holiday potluck or a New Year’s cocktail party, meatballs are ALWAYS a hit.
Over the years, we have written many recipes for homemade meatballs as well as sauces. This recipe is the one that I make the most. These meatballs can even stand in for dinner serve alongside steamed rice and broccoli.
A dear family friend gave this recipe to me, I suspect it is a twist on the classic grape jelly and bbq sauce slow cooker meatballs. I have made it countless times for parties, sports team dinners and teacher’s luncheons. The crock is always emptied and I am often asked for the recipe. Don’t forget to bring along toothpicks or tiny cocktail forks so people can serve themselves!
Cooked Perfect’s G-Free meatballs are a stock item in my freezer. They work perfectly in any slow cooker recipe, in soup or over any type of g-free pasta or vegetable noodle.
- 1 (16 oz.) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle of chili sauce (found near the ketchup)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. dried minced onions
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 (24 oz.) bags gluten-free meatballs, thawed overnight in fridge, or about 3lbs. cooked homemade meatballs
- Thinly sliced scallions (optional)
- Add the first 9 ingredients to the slow cooker crock and whisk to combine, it is ok if there are small bits of cranberry sauce.
- Add the meatballs and toss with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
- Garnish with scallions, if desired.