Slow cookers are perfect for making easy egg dishes like this savory Spinach & Three Cheese Crustless Quiche. We think this quiche is perfect brunch or lunch fare—just add a nice fruit salad and some good coffee or tea. Bonus: leftovers are easy to tote to work and reheat well.
This recipe is easy to modify to your liking. This version is meatless, but you could add cubed ham, cooked and crumbled bacon or even corned beef. Our book features a version of this recipe with bacon and scallions. Sauteed sweet onion would also be a delicious addition. (By the way, you’ll see that we’ve used whole eggs—they’re super nutritious, as I’ve written before—but if you want to swap in some egg whites for a few of the eggs, that would work, too.)
- cooking spray
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 (32-ounce) bag frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (2 10-ounce packages also works)
- 1 cup cottage cheese with chives
- 3/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese (or Swiss cheese), divided
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray the slow cooker crock with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of the shredded gruyere cheese for topping. Transfer the mixture to the crock, spreading it evenly to the edges.
- Cover and cook 2 1/2 hours on LOW. Sprinkle the top of the quiche with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese; then cover and cook an additional 15-30 minutes until quiche is set and cheese topping is melted. Do NOT overcook or the quiche will be dry.